Thursday, November 29, 2012

Drive In Double Feature

Resident Evil: Retribution -  Milla Jovovich, Aryana Engineer

Total Recall - Colin Farrell, Jessica Beil, Kate Beckinsale

Neither film was much to write home about other than to note that the little girl in Resident Evil is the awesome young actress (Aryana Engineer) who was in The Orphan.  Full confession, I have seen none of the films that came before, the movie is nice enough to give you a recap. However, Resident Evil is basically a video game you can't play. I guess you can't do much beyond that when your film is based on a video game. I am guessing if you like video games or saw the previous films you will want to watch this one as well. As a person who isn't the biggest fan of video games, I would warn like minded people to stay away.

Total Recall had a little more depth but was not able to keep my attention. I fell asleep during this film. Yes, it was an action flick with loud noises and still I fell asleep. I wanted to like it. I haven't seen the original so I can't compare the films. I love science fiction and yet this failed to keep hold. Maybe catch this on the small screen but even then I can't guarantee you will want to flick back after the commercial break.

I will confess these were perfect movies for necking at a drive-in. I did not care that I missed some of the film.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home