Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hmm

Art School Confidential - again a movie I was looking forward to watching. Jerome is a high school kid who is an artist. He is beat up, has never had a girlfriend, and falls in love with a model he sees in a brochure for an art school. He attends the art school and he is roommates with a design major and a film major. The film major is making a film about a strangler who is killing people on campus.

This movie has a couple of delights - Angelica Houston, Steve Buscemi, and John Malkovich - all are great and unexpected. I am not sure if I liked this movie or not. The main thrust of the movie is great - a satire about art and the whole art school culture but this odd element of murder mystery was that - odd. I don't know - I can't weigh in one way or another. I don't think I wasted my time, but if I did, I don't want others to follow suit. On the other hand, there are some great elements and funny moments in this film, I just can't say for certain whether those moments outweigh the odd parts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home