Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I'm not a dwarf! I'm a little girl. And actually I'm the tallest in my class."

The Chronicles of Narnia - I had this book read to me as a child. The delightful thing about this movie was remembering what was going to happen seconds before it unfolded on screen. This was an excellent movie and it captured exactly how I pictured the book in my head when my Mom read it to me.

The Chronices of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - is about four children Lucy, Susan, Edmund and Peter. It takes place during World War II when the children of London were sent to the safety of the country. The children are housed by a reclusive Professor with a large estate and of course the wardrobe. It is through this wardrobe that Narnia exists. Lucy, the youngest of the four, is the first to enter Narnia. When she returns the others do not believe her. Eventually the four find their way to Narnia and are caught up in a war against the White Queen. The children are befriended by talking animals, fauns, centaurs and Father Christmas himself. They are to fight on behalf of Aslan and to take their place in the prophesy of two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve who will rule Narnia.

Everyone was great in this film. The little girl who played Lucy did not annoy me in the at all . I sometimes am annoyed by child actors who over act or just irk me with their inability to actually act. But all of the children fit their parts. Tilda Swinton is excellent as the white witch. Even the cgi was pretty good, the story itself is engaging which made the cgi blend well with the flow of the movie. I would say this is definitely a worthwhile movie to rent. Watch it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home