Sunday, January 07, 2007

"What fresh hell is this?"

Bringing Down the House - Let me first state that I rented this movie expecting it to be bad. I like Steve Martin and Queen Latifah, so I thought why not. Now this movie is about Peter a tax attorney whose marriage has failed due to his inability not to work constantly. He begins an online relationship with a woman who he thinks is a blond willowy lawyer - he is shocked to find out that Charlene is a felon and Queen Latifah! He has two children whom he disappoints but by the end of course he does the right thing. He helps out Charlene while attempting to land a wealthy conserative client.

Now this movie has some moments that go on a bit too long but overall this movie is resplendent with great secondary characters and actors, even if the plot is bit thin. Eugene Levy is AWESOME as a white white man in love with Queen Latifah's character. He is perfect. Jean Smart and Missi Pyle are also great. I think that for the most part the unexpected and funny parts outweighs the uneven less funny aspects. Overall I would say this is a worthwhile rental.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home