Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"I'm in transition"

Last Chance Harvey - Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman star.

Harvey is in London to celebrate his only daughter's wedding. His career seems on the verge of collapse. He exudes a subtle irritation by his mere presence. His ex-wife has moved on, remarried, and her new husband is all that Harvey is not.

Kate is a woman in her 40s who works as a statistician in the airport. She has a close relationship with her mother, semi-smothering but full of love connection. She is interested in finding love but is somewhat content with her lot in life.

The two eventually meet and Harvey realizes that Kate may be his last chance. She has not decided so swiftly that her life is in need of change.

This movie had many problems. But for once I can say I actually really liked the ending. The movie ended superbly. That rarely happens so I can't completely write the film off. I also can't quite place what I found so wrong with the film. The basic elements seem plausible/interesting. Perhaps there was enough back story or too much? I don't know. Catch this on tv.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home