Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"Play with babies, you end up changing diapers..."

Y tu mama tambien - an interesting buddy film with a twist of "coming of age." I resisted seeing this movie for a while. I am the quintessential American. I resist sub titles. Not always but most times, I am lazy. The previous statements are a tad overblown there are a number of foreign films I have enjoyed but fims with subtitles are not what I tend to gravitate towards. I think this is a worthwhile film.

Two boys want to seduce the wife of one of the boys cousins. They are girlfriend-less - their ladies have gone to Europe for the summer. The boys are about to graduate and enter the world of college or life. This trip is a last hurrah for both boys. They are on a lark. They are as oblivious to the poverty, corruption, and disruption to their Mexican neighbors as they are to the mental state of their female companion.

I won't ruin this movie. I will encourage others to watch it. This isn't a great film but it is interesting and a great window into the world that is Mexico.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home